<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Wednesday, 11 November 2009
Tuesday Treats
Tuesday this week must have been the most brilliant of all days in the week. (:

O.k. So it didn't start off so well in school because zhuangzhuang, rooth and i were all late for econs lecture. But econs lecture went quite well! Ms. Koh was clear and concise, and she provided examples for almost every point or theory she brought up. Well, I guess international economics isn't THAT tough. It's just hard to absorb - which is bad on its own already.

Lunch today was quite fulfilling, and fun. :) Zhuang zhuang bought me Bandung! :D Which kind of saved the horrid taste of the fried noodles from the first stall at canteen 3. Rooth's prawn noodles looked awesomely delicious, so I gave in to temptation for once, and bought another bowl to satisfy my craving! :D

Fulfilling lunches always lead to good classes and happenings for the rest of the day, no? :D

First good thing that happened? SDAR finally issued the cash advance for Graduation Night!

Then BCOMM was fun, fun, FUN! :D I think Ms. Elsie Peng rocks my socks. I feel so comfortable in her class. It's like as if she knew all of us billion of years back and she's now here to guide us through this important phase in life with her joyfulness and high spirits! Class with her is always so brilliant.

My mother and sister were both so delighted (and I have no idea why) when they reached Ngee Ann for the TOP ceremony. I guess I got infected, and I was all smiles. :D My mother was unusually supportive and encouraging throughout the rest of the day till she fell asleep. :) I love her to bits. My sister too.

TOP ceremony wasn't THAT awkward afterall. Had the company of Gary throughout. Okay, so he was sitting QUITE far away. BUT! Maycee was seriously fun to talk to. (: And there was also Eugene was just in front. Plus, considering that my best friend was emceeing and Bah Bah was just beside her, it lightened up the whole atmosphere for me.

The guest speaker from ROHEI was awesome. She had beautiful curls and a dashing voice. Her speech was even greater. I really respect her for her dedication to building up and enriching the lives of youths. Honestly, the enthusiasm and earnest call of devotion was so abundant - she looked so much more sincere in teaching and bringing about positive change in the lives of students and others than every lecturer and student seated within the theatre. :)

Her impactful speech placed a smile on my face the whole night. I remember clearly, and almost vividly, one of her line. I think it goes something like this:

If you don't have a relationship with someone, you're more likely to feel offended when he/she tries to correct you. But when you have a close relationship with someone, you're more likely to accept, and appreciate when that person speaks into your life about what you should have or should not have done.

Her story about the little boy who persisted in making a difference in the lives of the Africans enlightened me much too. I felt very much inferior, to the heart of the 6 year old then. I realized, I lack that form of generosity and selflessness in all that I do. Hah.

The after - ceremony reception was filled with lots of enthusiastic congratulatory wishes from lecturers to students and fellow mates to the award recipients. Though it was like an extravagant attempt to reward the students in a high class manner - I thought that humble words of thanks from the recipients was heartwarming. Well, it just shows how much more determined they were in working hard to do their parents, lecturers and fellow mates proud.
I was simply really glad rooth, gary, my mum and my sister were there together with me. :) Made me feel really fortunate and blessed. :)

Dinner with gary, my mum and sis was great too! My mum kept entertaining us through the meal. Nights like these are hard to come by. :)

Well. Tuesday had its fair share of treats.
I found some more online. When I downloaded a bundle of OST(s) from my current favorite korean drama - Painter of the Wind. :)

The storyline was good. The actors were great. The OSTs were awesome. Their paintings were BRILLIANT. :D

Tuesday Treats. I wonder how Wednesday will be like. :)



Some music make me think of you. Some make me feel fortunate to have you by my side.