Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Monday, 2 November 2009
18 Years, 18th Month.
1st of November swiftly went past. I can still recapture every moment of that day spent out. Turning 18 was awesome. Spending 18 months together was more awesome. Altogether, it was a spectacular beginning. 18 Years, 18th Month.
I started 1st of November with a mood swing. Yes. I was overflowing with emotions. I remember my mum cursing me just minutes away from November. She was so mad the whole house turned tensed. I felt so cross and upset for a while that I started sketching people I really cared for to keep my mind off things.
The first few text messages I received at the start of November really cheered me up. It was like instant chocolate filled with endorphins. After I read all of it, I slept. It was pretty late already then.
I woke up at 5am ready to shower, but then decided to give myself the privilege of a Birthday Snooze. HAHA. In the end, the Birthday Snooze lasted till 6! and Gary and his mum were already waiting downstairs.
Seriously, I scurried around the house, washing up and packing at the same time.
After a warm hug, morning greetings and birthday wishes, we set off on the car.
Then we headed to Hong Lim Park for the Eu Yan Seng 130th Anniversary Heritage Walk. HighPoint was one of their beneficiaries, so I thought it would be fun to be down. :D
Gary drove past Clarke Quay on the way to Hong Lim, and woah, it was all filled with sexy and scantily dressed people puking all over and sitting around all over the place. I wonder if that's what 18 year olds do.
I loved the walkathon. Seriously made me wake up and I felt refreshed instantly! :D Met DJ, the President of Highpoint, Jessie, Angela, Steven, Caleb and Gabriel. Felt so happy. I had no idea why then. But I guess it was prolly because it felt good to have friends like them in this world. Friends who would so sincerely give a good hearty laugh or cheery smile to encourage and never to put down. :)
Gary and his mum were really enthusiastic. :D
Had breakfast at Nanyang's old cafe. :) A satisfying breakfast led us to a satisfying shower at Gary's place. He presented his gift for me there. It was nicely wrapped with pretty paper and brightened up with a sparkly ribbon. He kept me really curious and anxious because he insisted that I opened it at home only! :D
Had delicious prawn noodles before heading to East Coast! :D Rode a double bike around the area and took little breaks here and there to enjoy the wonderful sea view and refreshing sea breeze. :) We had a picnic, too! Gary prepared KONG BA PAO! :D And agar agar (which was damn delicious) and some drinks. Newspapers and the sun kept us occupied through to the evening. Relaxing warmth from the sun rays, the sound of crashing waves, and the cheerful laughter of children in the vicinity. Made us feel like we were in paradise. :)
Soaked in the sea for a little while before we concluded that the sand and water were much better over in Sentosa! Oh wells, it was fun still! :D
Showered in the public shower then we decided to make our way to Thomson Road's ice cube for the most out of this world's cheese fries! :D
Ok. But we detoured to the Marina Barrage. I managed to persuade Gary to let me open the present somehow! :D And gosh, I was super touched. :x T.T
(Thank you Gary, I love you very much! <3 and the present too!)
Toured around the area before we headed off to our actual destination. :D Cheesy fries was super cheesy, and I guess we were already tired. The day ended too fast, but I loved it heaps.
I almost didn't want to leave Gary alone. But I knew he was tired too. I tried my best to keep my eyes open in the car to capture every last moment we were together.
When I went in the lift, I shut my eyes all the way till I reached the 6th level.
My mum got me a beautiful Puma handbag for my birthday. :D She thought it was practical, since I always loved to carry handbags. I thought it was awesome.
But the 3rd best present was sitting on my table in a simple envelope. Gosh, the content was the best birthday gift. :)
Praise the lord.
Facebook wishes flooded my inbox. Thanks a bunch to the people who dropped a message! :D I think it reached 80 in total. :D
gosh - i miss my birthday. :) It was awesome.
Happy 18th Month Gary. Happy 18th Birthday Sylvia.
We love the world. :D

