<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Saturday, 9 October 2010
Porsecco Fever
Thought that I should blog a little today.

Totally bummed out from doing the closing shift today. Head was utterly driving me nuts but the job was so fun I just couldn't help floating about manning my station dutifully. The personalities of the customers that come by and the little things I start to notice about my colleagues every day never fail to fascinate me. Been learning every little thing about Jones. I'm only a quarter done and its already the 3rd week! Not much time left I guess.

Jone's dinner and dance party's drawing near and my colleagues are close to breakdown with all their reports and event details to handle. Did I mention - some of my colleagues study at Taylor's University College in Malaysia. It sounds really cool. And they're really adept in the service line. Best of all, they're always so willing to share what they know with everyone else! I'm really grateful for all the things I've learnt from them, really.

Closing shifts have been really fun with all the crazy things we do at the bar. I've tried barbecuing marshmallows with the candles placed on the tables. Tried making lattes but failed with estimating froth. Tried designing lattes. Tried cashier-ing (and I realised I'm good at it). Tried cutting tonnes and tonnes of butter slabs for breakfast the next day. Tried carrying 24 glasses in one hand. Tried lighting candles without burning myself. And even tried polishing every available glass, saucer, utensil and plates on the bar till they shone. At the end of it, we get to bring back all the muffins and scones that never sold during the day.

Reliance could be bad - I figured. Or at least, too much of it never does any good.

And right now, I really need to sleep off the heat in my head. I think it causes rapid expansion of brain mass - LOL I wish.