Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Cheese and Peter.
Second day of work was the usual. Hanged around the alfresco area with Adren where he taught me how to handle more than 2 plates on a hand, and also the ways to clear plates when there was more than 1 customer dining in. So it was clockwise, starting with the plate with the most wastage. Orders had to be taken from females first, and wine should be served to the hosts first then clockwise.
Ran drinks and food in the middle of the shift. Got bored and started to polish cutlery and the stainless steel bar counter. Drank heaps of honey and sugar syrup too to combat the symptoms of sore throat from the bad weather. I also received my nametag, uniform and apron from Jay. He said he would have to fine me 5 bucks for any piece of uniform I forgot to bring or wear, and 50 bucks if I refused to return them the full set when I end. Heh. I just nodded. And that summed up my second day.
Third day at Jones was Training & Food Tasting day. Sat down with my fellow mates for the summer internship programme at one of the communal tables at Jones the Grocer. So there was Charissa, my mate since day 1 who was a part timer taking Mass Communications back in Ngee Ann. She was getting a better pay, and she was really nice! And she seemed to really love food. :x Met Jesslyn too, another Ngee Ann student taking Tourism and Resort Management. And David, a Temasek Polytechnic final year student in Hospitality and Tourism Management. He seemed to know There.sa and Shirleneee too! But he didn't know them well. Oh wells. Missed the girls for abit.
So then we met Peter Lee, our F&B Manager and also our Liaison Officer. He was managing both outlets, in Dempsey and Mandarin Gallery. Chatty, witty and full of vigor. That was exactly how he was like the whole time he was with us. He never ran out of topics to talk about, and he was often more interested in listening than anything else. He just got back from a holiday, and heaps of regular customers actually dropped by intentionally to say hi and update him on what has been going on during the time he wasn't around. And that, was awesome to me.
We ordered everything on the menu to taste. And had drinks. Peter then went through the details, like a brief history, the customer service sequence, some basic tasting and eating habits of customers, and some random nonsense. We then had a tour around the store and landed up at the Deli. We ate heaps of cheese at the Deli. Soft, firm and hard cheese. Blue, Brie, Cheddar, Parmesan, etc. We ate so much we felt like puking. But fortunately we were just tasting. Apparently, goat's milk cheese were the most pungent. We ate heaps of Ham and Olives too. And at the end of it we almost died satisfied.
We ended off the day at the POS system, as we received our staff pin, and thumb print verification. And I went to surpise Zhuang with a dinner date! :D
Ahshean and Flo were like the best mates on Earth!
And that was the third day. Decomposed at home the whole of today. Watched drama and chatted online till dinner. And now I can't wait for later! :D
Okay. Off to sleep I go!
Today
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

