Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Thursday, 30 September 2010
Jubilation Dolor
I really want to rant at the rain today. Maybe its the rain that's making me feel like that. Jubilation Dolor
Jones was much quieter than most days - but the rain kept people in for really long hours. The most cranky customers tipped the most today. Paid so much attention to details that I felt cranky halfway through my shift. But I learnt a lot today. My colleagues got really excited each time they realized they could share something they know and knew I didn't with me. That included their experiences with past guests, customers, shortcuts to handling sticky situations in a crowd, ways to manipulate the average customer's buying behavior, up-selling items that customers love, and even things that customers love to hear during their meal in the cafe. This excitement made them feel protective somehow - I think they felt happy that they could mentor somebody. My colleagues today were more than willing to cover up for mistakes I made, and often thought I needed some form of help each time I moved slightly faster. That only meant I had the tables cleaned up faster, had my customers served quicker, and got more tips because customer turnover was higher and were generally more pleased. And so, even though Sylvia had this huge ego she felt was sometimes hard to contain, she appreciated the attention she received today.
Jones gave out Medinet Prestige Cards today to all their staff, and I received one too. It allowed staff to visit a variety of clinics all over the island, and it would cover medical fees worth up to $30 per visit. Meetings were held all around the communal tables today, and it felt really weird to not be part of them and be the one pouring and dishing out drinks and food to the members of the meeting instead.
My BBB (beloved blackberry) died on me today after receiving 6 text messages and 5 emails after lunch. So I strolled to MOS in hopes of using the Internet SMS Service by Singtel to tell zhuangzhuang where I was. I even bought a large meal so I could settle in some cosy corner to spend the next few hours working. But my BAN (beloved Acer notebook) failed to start up. And because I kept fidgeting, the MOS employee kept asking if I was cold, and offered to help me shift to another table. Initially, I thought the change in place could probably offer me some fresh luck with some good fengshui in my already un-contactable situation. But it didn't. And I shivered even more under the air-con. The MOS employee shuffled me about the restaurant thrice, without luck. I began to feel upset with everything else around me, so I gobbled my large meal and left MOS to wait for zhuangzhuang at her employee exit instead. It was much warmer there, but I started to warm up too quickly as I started to receive weird stares from the people who walked in and out of the building. I guessed it was probably the Undercover Police tee that I was wearing that made me look suspicious. I went to walk about aimlessly after and landed up in Paper Market buying heaps of stationary and wrapping papers. I spent the rest of the night purchasing files, books and organizers to keep myself cheery through dinner with zhuang and flo (I just happened to meet them in Raffles City at 8pm).
Now I'm home and I'm so moodless. My BBB and BAN could be feeling just the same way I am.
Isolated. Sigh.
Results. Sigh sigh.
Uoy Sigh sigh sigh.
Bad, bad time. Shouldn't ignite these emotional reactions to it. Can't curb them anyhow.
Excitement. Frustration. Jubilation. Dolor.

