Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Monday, 13 October 2008
Pre- planned Funerals in the 21st Century
my mum was asking whether I was turning 18 this coming November. Initially, I was a lil' pissed. HELLO!? I'm a DAUGHTER, not some Sally, Kim or Mary on the streets. HOW COULD SHE FORGET MY AGE!? But apparently, she was just anxious to purchase her Funeral Insurance Package and name me her beneficiary the moment I hit 18. Pre- planned Funerals in the 21st Century
I was taken aback to realize my mum was really afraid that we wouldn't be able to afford a proper funeral with her and place her in a coffin that wouldn't fall apart with her in it. heehee.
AS A FILIAL DAUGHTER OF THE 21ST CENTURY (must emphasize a little bit. :D) , I assured her that even if I were broke when she kicked the bucket, I would use my bare hands to create a stable and stylish coffin, complete with a door, windows, and glass panes!
She was stunned. Ohkay. Honestly. That is my dream coffin. Or ideally, I would prefer no coffin at all! Just dress me presentably (PLEASE, NO LAO KOK KOK THINGS, like clogs etc.), and burn me right up! It's kinda sad when your ashes are all mashed up with the burnt wood from the coffin. Even worse when there's some metallic handle. They actually might have went through your heart when burning up. OUCH. -.- and in the end, at the end of the cremation, it is thrown away. SO WHATS THE USE? what a waste of money. Plus, that 4 planks binding you.. it's simply torturous! I want a door at least. So I can walk out of it when the process is over, and admire the process while I'm undergoing it. :D Without the coffin? HOHO! I can do whatever I want, any way i want to!
- like choose to burn my butt first, then my fats around the thigh, then awful fingernails, and leave my eyes to the last (to view everything!)
Anyway! I was telling her to be more optimistic. SERIOUSLY, I've got this pressing gut feeling that she's going to breathe down my neck for the next few decades to come. But it's amazing how pessimistic the world is getting! Planning for death even in their early 20's. And to think this is yet another 'innovative' way to market an insurance and make more profit. ROAR. what the heck.
Oh wells. First day of school was awesome! (: (Though Flo just flew to the US and Gary's enjoying his day at HK)
Badminton with Ruth and ZY was absolutely FUN! HEEHEE. And Microeconomics wasn't that bad after all. School's really great with them around. Haha!
I needa think harder and plan further.

