Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Wednesday, 17 September 2008
ridiculous mother and the frustrated couple.
ohhoho. I realized parents really have a flair for ranting about their troubles at work. I guess its because of the immense 'stress' that they have to juggle at their office. Ohkay, generally speaking most adults in the working society do face real stress from their superiors and bosses, but my mum? I seriously beg to differ.ridiculous mother and the frustrated couple.
Her troubles at work always arise from her. So basically, SHE is the Trouble. Her job scope covers only basic admin work, which includes filing, typing and processing word documents. That leaves her with plenty of time to do many other things, which include, going round and causing trouble. HAHA.
Her MAIN problem? HER FIERY SHORT TEMPER and STUBBORNNESS. It would prolly cause her downfall too. She's not really tactful, so from all her rantings for the past few years, I figured she already offended every single human in her office, including her superiors, and is still oblivious to the fury she has enraged. -.- How INNOCENT.
As usual, she was ranting about another of her colleague. This time, a colleague she recommended into her company. I don't think he's really grateful to her, even though he got the job through her, simply because she's very domineering. She thinks she's great, because SHE got HIM the job. So she couldn't tolerate it when he asked her casually to help him out with a random chore like bringing a bag of coffee powder over, or passing a message. And she exploded when she found out he poured coffee for another colleague and didn't for her. Her reason for the eruption?
'I RECOMMENDED HIM THE JOB LEI. HE WORK SO LONG NEVER POUR COFFEE FOR ME. THAT MAN COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM TO THE BOSS BEFORE, HE STILL POUR COFFEE FOR HIM, YOU TELL ME SYLVIA, THIS IS NOT RIGHT RIGHT? ITS ABOUT PRINCIPLES IN LIFE!'
yeah right. NOT.
she seriously should just, get a life.
so WHAT if she found him the job mann?!
It is HIS EFFORT that he managed to keep the job till now, not hers!? SO, under WHAT circumstances does he have to be THAT grateful to her? ITS NOT AS IF SHE SAVED HIS LIFE, AND AWWWW, that was sooooooooo NICE OF HER. NOT.
And my mum LOVES to tell people that HE got the job because of HER. I mean, HOW DEGRADING IS THAT?! Nobody would want to let anyone find out that they found a job by pulling strings. How considerate of my mum. -.-
oh wells. ohkay, before I start spilling, I'd better just leave it at that. What a nice mummy.
right, anyway, Today, I received the 3rd phone call of the month, from people who thought I was a staff at HighPoint Community Service Association.
first, it was a resident at East Coast who asked about the upcoming dates where High Pointers would be going down to collect recycling bags.
then it was the Raffles Institution teacher who was interested in bringing her class down to High Point for an orientation to let them know more about their cause.
Today was a really frustrated couple. An angmoh, Bernie, and a Singaporean, Sheena.
They didn't really bother to find out whether they actually reached High Point. They just ranted about how frustrated, tired and afraid they were, since they had to shift their moving of house to a later date and they were being chased out of their current condominium. Well, I couldn't figure out what the both of them were saying anyway. But all i could figure, was that they were REALLY TERRIFIED and at a loss.
Oh wells. As a normal human with a sore throat, I consoled them with some random jokes (they thought I was being so kind to take time out to talk to them because they assumed I was a working adult.) and contacted Steven and Jesse in Tioman. Honestly, they were smiling over the phone. (You know, when you smile and talk to someone on the phone, it is really easy to detect that joy you exude.) LOL. So I didn't exactly spoil their fun, just told them to expect a call when they get back. (: When I called Bernie back, he was frantically thanking me (for just calling him back). It feels good some how, to know you have done a good deed. I really hope they don't have to resort to sleeping on the streets! That would seriously be terrible. Any - oh - how. I hope that lil' wee bit of reassurance worked. (:
DESPITE ALL THAT, I was just wondering. When are they EVER going to take my phone number down from their website? LOL. I can't keep posing as a Staff at High Point! goodness.
oh wells. I had a RARE VISITOR today! (: teehee*

