<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Wednesday, 25 March 2009
my reflection with cute Dale.
It has been days, if not weeks, since I've last blogged. I shan't come up with an excuse on why I haven't been doing so, but any oh how, I'm sure I haven't wasted away the time passed.

Just checking my scheduler on my e66, I realized it was fully packed from day 1 of march till 2100hrs yesterday. I've spent much time with my dearests, engrossed myself with projects, and kept myself alive - going through the release of results to the selection of timetables.

Pretty much normal, I guess. Till I thought about myself.

It's normal how I love the way I spend my time with the people I surround myself with. I go mad, I speak my mind, I rant out loud, and I just let my hair down. My friends love me. And I love them too; especially because they take me as I am, and partially because they are so adorable. They just make me so happy, and living life seems to be pleasurable every minute.

Then on the ride home, it finally struck me.

'What kind of a friend was I to the world?'


I dawdled on it for the entire journey, and I came to a gradual conclusion: I must have been a real jerk.

I closed my eyes for a moment. Pictured myself as who I am now, and imagined how I would judge myself from a third person point of view. I took a deep breath, and told myself to be really honest.

I came across as a stubborn, strong - willed, nasty tempered, and exaggerated person. I have mastered the art of a great Fabulist, excelled in Sarcasm, and relented to the lure of gabbling. This wasn't good, especially when it came from Myself, to Myself.

If I thought of myself to be someone with such bad qualities, then I suppose my friends must have had a tough time putting up with me all this while. I must have been a real jerk. They should have hated me, threw me aside, and ignored me for the rest of their lives.

Right now, as I caress my dear Dale with my index finger, I realized how fragile it was. Yet, it has helplessly entrusted its safety entirely to a unknown giant whom it cannot communicate with. An unknown giant who has a dozen lousy qualities. An unknown giant who may cause it harm in haste.

Dale just looks up, nibbles at my fingers, and rolls around. His look of affection just makes me love it more. Now I know, he doesn't bother if I just insisted that he took a sand bath before I could take him out of the cage or egged him to run 3 times on the wheel before I gave him a treat, he just knew I was going to caress him, and shower him with a bit of attention. And he loved that; and me.

So here I am, with adorable Dale. And I start to really appreciate the friends and family I have around me.
The nasty Sylvia.
The naughty Sylvia.
The sarcastic Sylvia.
The exaggerated Sylvia.
The talkative Sylvia.
They just took me as I was. They never resented me. Neither have they tried to change me. The best part? : They Love Me.

I feel so fortunate to just be living the life I have now. With my boyfriend, the girls, the boys, my sister, my brother, my mother, my father, my cousins, and my aunts. I must be the happiest girl on earth right now.

I'm not sure what kind of a friend I have been to the world before. But for now, and forever more, I'm sure I want to be a better one.
A friend who would do her best for all her friends.
A friend who would do no harm to them.
A friend who would pick them up when they fall.
A friend who would pat their backs and make them feel warm.
A friend who would be there, whenever they need her.
A good friend. (:

I've found my answer. What the world needs now, is a friend. (: