Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Sunday, 18 January 2009
Maturity.
Talk about growing older. People start to change their mindsets about their goals, their aspirations, their likes and dislikes; or in general, their future.Maturity.
When we were younger, I suppose the one most frequently asked question by our teacher would be "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Sometimes, when I look back now, I feel that that is an utterly insane question to be posed to someone with a pea sized brain. It could be a kind act to spark some motivation for us to study, but that is also getting us to make unrealistic goals.
I mean, at age 7, the only careers I knew existed were that of a Teacher, a Lawyer, a Policeman, a Firefighter, a Doctor, a Nurse, a Clerk, an Army Personnel, and a Janitor. I didn't even know the canteen uncle's career was cooking food for me. He was just a nice, friendly old man who made lovely curry fishballs, and were only willing to share it with people at a exorbitant price of 30cents because he wasn't that generous after all.
On the contrary to my naive thinking at that time, there were billions of posts out there in the working society. Who said one could only choose to save people or just be saved? That's utterly ridiculous.
I just found my dream job, something I would aspire to do. (: I want to serve the world. And I know there are people out there who share just the same kind of passion as me. (: weeee~
When friends hurt you, you scream and rant. When true friends hurt you, your heart tears, but you won't make a noise.

