<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Sunday, 8 August 2010
Practical Extremity
Landed rock bottom - and I have only myself to blame.
Lost focus in life, I lost my drive, and now I'm going insane.
Took a step back and I'm pondering the options that I have left to take;
I choose the extremes - I want to be free of the chains that rule my fate.

My ego's crushing me from within and my heart's all shattered and torn.
Piecing together the shards from the clutter - my blood flows even more.
Drained of time, I'm hit by the karma I built up over time;
Now I am nothing but I know I have something - my choices, my name, my voice.
The race to be different, do well and be quicker; the stakes are painfully high.
Slow down a little? Take some short breaks and you'll be ousted before you can cry.
This is cruelty, but this is reality; this is the life we were born to live.

Short lived are the simple pleasures that create happiness and love;
Longevity bestowed upon pain that hurt.

Maybe this is our destiny - the world we see in scrutiny is all but just a game.

Now back to the stakes, consequences of the choices I make - can I really afford so much?
The time, some gains, the effort and pain; will they all just vanish in vain?

Scripted answers, structured stories and an adjusted emotion and state - I'm sure I'm prepared to face the music in the days and weeks ahead.
How true am I to myself I wonder - how true have I been to them?
The trust and hope and faith they gave me, oh how terribly I've failed them all.

Left to clear my own darn mess - how much can anyone interfere.
To hell with those stupid remarks and ideas. Damn the times when you praised yourself sky high for your greatness in work.

Keeping faith. I'm still trusting and resting in his finished works.
Stay by me, no matter what comes my way.
Hold on to me, and never let go. Never let me go astray.
Be my solace, my only outlet for emotions hidden beneath.
Dry my tears and keep my promises.
I really need this now.

Still keeping faith. I shut my eyes and stand firm on my ground - alone, I wait for all that I will face. I know I can do it, with his grace.
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!