Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Sunday, 1 August 2010
Webster's Math Game
Brain's been burning, jamming, and running none stop today. Webster's Math Game
Took several breaks to ease the tension but arghh - the throbbing never ceases.
Been staring at the screen for close to 12 hours today, and Ebi's been really nice to distract me at hourly intervals.
All this time alone kept my brain working - I couldn't be sure I was entirely focused on the figures displayed on the screen.
From time to time, my imagination took flight; otherwise I'd be so bogged up within myself I'd have to shift myself about to take a breather.
Funny as it may seem - the most interesting encounter I had today was with my uncle.
He was using the desktop today as usual, when he suddenly got a phone call. Looked pretty stern when he hung up.
He faced the screen, tapped the mouse a couple of times - and he opened Microsoft Excel 2003.
He started to type numbers in sequence, then in patterns, then all over. He typed so many I lost count of the number of cells he filled in.
And amazingly - woah. The sum of each row and column of the cells of the entire rectangular area of numbers equaled 8801.
Rubbing his arm feeling satisfied with his work, he looked at me and asked if I was wondering what he was doing. Nodding, he grinned with delight, and started to explain to me how he was actually doing a Summation Series to keep his brain active, while proving to his friend that he could still remember how to complete a summation series without aid.
Gosh - it was insane.
Ok. Back to work; back to burning, jamming and running.

