Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Sunday, 27 June 2010
The Good and Bad
I'm suddenly struck by the possibility, that I might have Karma.
The Good and Bad
It was proven to me in the past 5 minutes, that good begets good. And evil, would only beget evil.
When I boarded the bus to Ngee Ann, I found a seat, and sat down. But when an elderly looking lady came on board, I gave up my seat to her. Now that's just gonna mean that I've got good karma right.
Within minutes after I settled down in another seat at the back of the bus, I was shown concern, by an uncle who was asking if I needed to close the air con because of my sniffing.
In an instance, I realised such karma stuff could exist. I'm not trying to praise myself here.
What I'm trying to say is, what about the times when I hurt the people around me. Say things that stung. Did things that never considered the other party? What about the times when I had caused emotional trauma - in my own senseless bid to 'save' the other person from 'more' hurt? What about the times when I would just crazily plunge into selfish foolishness and forgo everything else the world has done for my because of my rashness and impulsion?
I feel like a spoilt brat. Like the only person I've ever considered was myself. No matter how hard I try to convince myself that maybe I've taken measures to care for another person - it just boils down to the fact that I'm just naively thinking everyone else thinks and reacts the same way I do.
And for that. I know I'll have bad karma. Really bad karma.
And today I add two more words to my list. Think more. Do more. Speak less.
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

