Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Thursday, 29 April 2010
An Early Mothers' Day Dedication
I woke up at 6 today and realised how much more comforted I felt when I saw my mum the moment I opened my eyes today.
An Early Mothers' Day Dedication
Somehow or another, she brings me warmth and encourages me to start my day immediately with ease, even though she was still fast asleep.
Now I guess everyone needs their mother. And they probably receive different forms of security and affection from them. Her presence seem to bring me much emotional satisfaction. :)
Well, I must have been too blind to have seen how much she has loved me all this while. But none the less, I'm determined to love her more as I grow older. Now its rather senseless, but I finally found out why they always say "You'll understand when you get older." - I used to just say it for the sake of feeling older and more mature; but now I really do.
Its that form of stress and anxiety when you're not sure what time someone you love will get home.
The same form of insecurity when you don't receive a call from your loved one for a very long time.
The same confusion and curiosity when you don't know where your loved one is, and whether he/she's safe.
Its the same form of self sacrifice that you offer to someone you love, even though you know they may not understand your agony or situation.
I guess that's it. I often ask myself - how does mommy express her love to her children? She's always upset, disappointed, frustrated, anxious and makes seemingly unreasonable demands. But I guess that's how she is. That's how she loves us. And she'd never share her pain and agony no matter how much she feels it.
Now that's my mum. :) She's absolutely awesome. I love her. And I know she's just one of the many great mum's on earth today. :)
Happy Mothers' Day to all the mommy's in the world. May you always love us the way you do. :)
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!

