Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Tuesday, 11 August 2009
fireworks on Singapore's Birthday and Genghis Khan
National Day this year was really special to me. Apart from selling my first 2 tickets from Walking On Sunshine to Gary, I spent the entire day (and night) with my beloved ZHUANG ZHUANG and AH SHEAN! :D fireworks on Singapore's Birthday and Genghis Khan
gosh. We really went all out for the event. We printed 1000 flyers on impulse over at Penisula Plaza in the evening. We dawdled abit before we finally settled at the overhead bridge to Marina Square to give them out.
The crowd was awesome! :D Honestly, though we giving out the flyers, we knew that most wouldn't turn up, judging from the amount of make up they wore, the amount of hair they had, and the kind of footwear they had on. I wouldn't expect a pretty lady with thick foundation and red lips to be walking for the walkathon right? But oh wells, at least people know about the event. (:
Some really nasty passer-bys really made our life tough. Some thought we were working, and helping us grab the flyers was 'helping' us. THAT WAS INSANE. One guy actually walked past me and grabbed the entire stack from my hand lah! MADE ME DAMN PISSED. I actually ran to him, grabbed him by the shoulder, screamed, "EH, RETURN THAT TO ME!", snatched the stack back, and stomped off.
Goodness. EXCUSE ME, its 0.035cents IF YOU PLEASE.
The 3 of us managed to catch the entire series of fireworks put up for the National Day Parade this year. And I guess that was what made it so special too. :D Beautiful memories for the long road ahead. :D
The atmosphere in Marina Square was awesome too! :D I got totally hooked on to those music videos! :D Gosh, I really think that this is what brings Singapore together eh. Knowing that we all know and believe in something common. That was when the patriotism kicked in. LOL. The Bandung Session later with Gary was fun filled. :D
Mongol today with Gary started later than planned cause I was late. Was really upset with myself initially and was kinda affected by all the fatigue that has been overwhelming me recently. But meeting him was definitely something I look forward to. I mean, hohoho, it was seriously tough to meet my dear boyfriend for more than 3 hours at a go! :D
Mongol was violent. Like really really, but only when it came to war scenes. Apart from that, it was generally the intriguing history of the great Genghis Khan. Btw, do google him. I read about him before, but I never knew he was so nice. :x I mean, in terms of morale, principle and belief. His brother Jamahku sucked.
The rest of the day was spent talking. I realized Gary and I had lots to say when it came to youngsters clubbing. I just have to bluntly say it, but I'm darn curious to find out what's the reason that's hooking all these people to go there. And whatever Gary says (though for my own good) just makes me more curious than ever.
I want to see it for myself one day with Gary. (: That I promise myself.
Walking On Sunshine is really making me anxious. All the volunteers and preparation are done up. Now whats lacking, are the walkers. No walkers, no walk right? We seriously need to pull people down, but what's the pulling factor? :(
Disappointment arises in such crucial moments. Its like how it builds up over time, and then overflows.
Yeah, asking whether there's anything else every time doesn't work out at all. That's not what a leader should be saying.
Dammit, I swear you're the worst I ever met. Rather you do nothing then pretend to do some things but nothing gets done.

