<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Wednesday, 19 August 2009
Beautiful Sunshine.
WOS started with a much need twist. Friendships and working relationships all screwed up. To me, it was a terrible start. I'm not really clear on how it evolved to such a state already. Best friends to woeful spites. Hah. What a saddening tale.
It probably started with me, from as far as I know the story. The preceding events just unfolded as time has told it.

I've felt sad. Angry. Disappointed. Frustrated. Disgusted. And maligned. Whatever the case. Whatever said and told shall remain out to be heard and retold. Whatever not heard shall remain kept within.

I realized some times its better to be the devil. Because angels can never lie. And I've told countless lies to cover up one wrongdoing.

All in all, YFC this year has left a pretty deep mark on me. Scars probably, that might never heal in time. Broken friendships do hurt, just as much or even more than a failed romance. Somehow I know I will never mend this broken line. It seems to be better off left hanging.

Walking on Sunshine was probably how I, or we, wanted the participants to feel when they came down on Saturday. Our prayers were heard. The sun kept shining, and the rain never came down on us. The weather was perfect. The Start and Finish were ready. Samba percussionists, a beat boxer, cold drinks, well wishing, and a fanciful holding area.
All that lacked, were walkers.

I must have played my part real badly. NJ, GW, the children, AA, and my team of volunteers all seemed demoralized. I ran out of strength, but I knew I had to do something. All I remembered of that morning, was the encouraging honk for the flag off, the loud bangs of Baracuda on their drums, the smiles of Joey, Gladys and Ajay,and the joy of the children with Flo's dogs.
Everything else just slipped. Maybe that's what humans call selective memory.

Best friends stand by you through thick and thin, and I'm really grateful to have had Ruth, Zhuangzhuang and Bihshean by me all the way. I'm not sure how I would have pulled through if they weren't by me. They might have been forced to be with me, I'm not too sure. But anyhoos, I'm really glad, and I thank God for them.
Sorry for the violent outbursts and blatant madness. I know I have to learn to control my temper at times. I'm really sorry. (: And I love you girls for not killing me for those moments. :x

This setback is bound to stick with me for a long period of time. I know the only thing that's holding me back from pursuing good grades for my exams this semester is the loss in self confidence I once had. I've failed myself, terribly. I'm not portraying much of the direct hurt, but I'm swallowing the side effects as best as I can already.

Hold out Sylvia. It isn't the end of the world yet. Sigh*