<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Friday, 12 February 2010
Unwritten elation.
I just realised how much I have been contradicting myself these days. I used to always say to myself, 'When the whole world seems to have turned its back on you, turn around and you'll see that the world again'. Its a simple logic really, but I guess, when someone really falls, they just do; until someone picks them up again.

Living the past few months in mild depression made me experience an emotional rollercoaster. I'd get mad over slightest error, go crazy over the littlest mistake, and be so affected by minor happenings around. And along the way, I lost my will to focus on the larger picture.

I'm not saying I'm entirely out of depression already. But I'm confident that I'm finally taking baby steps out into enlightenment. The world's starting to become a brighter place, yet again.

Honestly, it was hard. Hard convincing the closest people around me that I was suffering from depression.
My friends were never convinced. That I truly don't get why. (They always found some event or another to describe and account for my low spirits and unhappiness.)
My mother always thought I was too tensed up and slept too little and late.
My sister thought I was kidding.

No one really understood. And that kinda made me even more depressed. But I'm glad Gary took the time and extra attention to support me. I guess it has only been a couple of days entirely spent with him and I've experienced a great leap of improvement in my mental state of mind.

Well. At least I've gotten my will back. Now I really need to focus. :)

It's almost new year now. And almost time for the exams.
My long awaited Graduation has been cancelled. Ms Koh has started to tear down posters.
I've yet to send out the bad news to the graduands too. :(
Tough as life may sound, its pretty upsetting. Realizing you're the only person grieving over such a thing. Its no petty issue. It was great to me.

But rainbows still exist after a rain. :) I believe the Orientation Convention would be that rainbow. :)
With new partners, new energy, and a brand new committee to work with - gees. I'm really looking forward. :D

Alright. I'm back to falling in love with the same boy again. And I seriously think I have a knack for convincing people too. Maybe some day everyone will know.

To the future, and beyond! I know I'll grow stronger with each step I take.