<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9033545?origin\x3dhttp://jubilationdolor.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Scribbling [a] Runaway History


Like Shakespeare in Love


Hello (:

I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.

Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!

Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.


Sylvia Phua
Sylvia Phua
Create yours here.

Photobucket



' + ' ' ' '



Monday, 8 November 2010
The Break Through (the door)
Just realized that I dozed off on the sofa whilst typing my periodic report, and I feel particularly perturbed over what the doctor said to me in the clinic.

So here's how the conversation went; (the doctor's different from the one I saw the other night, who just gave me a jab so I could go home to rest):

Syl: Oh I came just the other night to make the swelling go off and now its back on my elbow and thighs.
Doc: Oh, so what did the other doctor say when you came the other time?
Syl: Uh, I don't know. What do you think it is?
Doc: I think its an allergy, some sort of infection, or maybe it's toxins. There are many causes for this sort of thing. You need to eat more vegetables and eat healthily. I think you have an eating disorder.
Syl: Oh.

Mum: So what is it that she's eating that's making her swell?
Doc: Well, anything could have made that happen. It's just bad eating habits. Every disease and illness starts from bad eating habits. Everything she ate could be a cause.
Mum: Oh.

Syl: Could I also get some medicine for my sore throat? It's really scratchy, and my nose has been running. I think I had a fever last night too.
Doc: Let me check your temperature (*stuffs mercury thermometer down my throat*)
Syl: Uhh.. I don't think I have a fever now.
Doc: Yeah, we'll see about that. Oh, no fever. You're okay.
Syl: Oh really?

Mum: I think she needs an MC. I want her to rest today.
Doc: Ok. Go out.
Syl: Uh. Okay. Thanks?


And that was it. I waited for close to an hour for that visit. I did get my jab when my mum was conversing with the doctor. But man. This doctor's really weird. I had not much of a conversation with the previous doctor when I visited her in the wee hours in the morning. Forgot to ask for the cause of my swelling entirely. I briefly remember something about not knowing the exact origin and cause of my allergy attack. But man, this doctor really freaked me out and got me laughing as I left the clinic.

It could be an allergy, infection or something due to toxins? So which?
There are many causes to such a thing - yeah, duh. That's precisely why I'm seeking some professional advice to guide me along and figure out the cause so I don't trigger it again.

I need to eat more vegetables and healthily, and I could have an eating disorder. She made it sound like vegetables was the immediate cure to my current symptoms. And come to think of it, there aren't much greens in the staff meals provided by Jones anyway. Maybe I should consider doing up my own salad for work. But how did I come to have an eating disorder - that I start to wonder. That was an utterly defaming, demoralizing and hurtful statement. Sigh. I went to google Eating Disorders, and (damn the doctor) none of the specific descriptions of eating disorders matched my eating habits and behaviors.

The end of the consultation was the most hilarious to me. Especially when she said that anything I ate could be a trigger to the allergy attack (duh). What in the world was she thinking, I really wonder. I felt like some cuckoo talking to some cuckoo. The fact that she even shoved a mercury thermometer under my tongue even after I told her I had a fever LAST NIGHT just shows that she wasn't listening attentively to me at all. Her receptionist at the counter was busy as hell, and utterly frustrated since she could not catch up with the pace of the doctor. Dispensing medicine whilst handling registrations as patients kept streaming in.

Oh wells. If only being a doctor was this simple. Let the patients know they need to eat well, and eat more vegetables. Tell them everything they are suffering from now is caused by some eating disorder and bad eating habits. Prescribe some antibiotics and anything else the previous doctor prescribed. Take their temperature the minute they mention fever. And tadah! Out. Out they go. And KACHING - 30 bucks comes in.

So much for seeing a doctor. Thank goodness for the MC too though. The pain and itch at the back of my thighs is getting unbearable. I'm laying chest down on my bed and balancing two ice packs on the red swollen patches on the back of my thigh to keep myself from rubbing it. I know I'm supposed to complete my periodic report soon and get some rest but I thought some blogging could keep me up for a bit.

Googled (omg I love Google) and found that I could probably be suffering from Hives or Urticaria. The most possible cause I found, could be due to an infection.

Infections
Hive-like rashes commonly accompany viral illnesses, such as the common cold. They usually appear 3–5 days after the cold has started, and may even appear a few days after the cold has resolved.
- Wikipedia

Well. I am suffering from a cold. So.. that's probably it? Ah wells. This is better than knowing I have an eating disorder that could be causing the swelling. And interestingly, the doctor covered almost every possible cause by stating that 'anything I ate could be the cause of it.' Toxins, allergy or infection. Thats basically everything too right? Well making multiple predictions in hopes of getting one right just doesn't work sometimes.

Anyways - just thought I should note this down for fun: Jone's 30kg door came off yesterday. What a joke.

Okay, back to my report.