Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Monday, 25 August 2008
friendster phonies
it's been AGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS since i posted with a Title. and I decided to use one finally because, ...friendster phonies
BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO. anyway, its supposed to keep you on track so you don't write out of point right?
just like how compositions are written and graded. So lets see just how well i'll fare with the Title i just gave myself. (not too good currently, considering the fact that i just spent a whole lot of time writing crap above.)
I was just logging into my friendster account after centuries of neglecting it ever since i found it irritatingly slow like molasses in january, especially at night when net traffic is monstrous.
So i was randomly clicking links that were choking the web page. (ohkay, not linkS. but just A LINK.) and i got onto AGNES TAN's PAGE! oh goodness.
there is a reason definitely. SHE LOOKED HOT in her primary photo. and yeah, it was just second nature to be attracted to someone hot and alluring right?! (just ignore the fact that she's female and i am too.)
then i went back to the homepage. and.... just stared blankly at those lil' pictures all over the page. then i saw a 3 digit number that caught my eye at the top right hand corner.

WELL- yeah. apparently I happen to have 308 friends.
but i highly doubt myself for possessing such an ability to cope with such an enormous social circle. and i proved myself right.
out of the 6 pictures of "friends" displayed. I only MET and SPOKE TO 3. jesline, melvyn and aloysius. the other 3 are just galactics to me. I have a faint impression of who they are and what their names are (DUH) though ...
anyway. i felt like some friendster phony.
believe it or not. i'm probably one of those many nincompoops with hundreds of friends on friendster, but only knows a few. oops.
but its really a matter of pride and reputation. its common sight to have a few hundreds of friends. and deleting anyone of them would probably leave a really bad impression of myself when they figure out (though that is really unlikely since they also have loads of friends and prolly won't realise the figure went down numerically by 1.)
oh wells. so it still boils down to square one. i will still remain a friendster phony. till i really go crazy and delete that friggin' account.
haha.
and i just realised i'm a facebook noob. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WORK IT OR NAVIGATE AROUND IT. -.-
great. thanks technology. you just made humans dumb. so much for globalization.
okay, i'm off to recuperate for my dive trip tomorrow. ciaos`

