Like Shakespeare in Love
Hello (:
I'm Sylvia. I enjoy the company of good friends and food.
I'm currently,
serving as a chair at Teck Ghee Youth Executive Committee;
chasing dreams at Molehill;
and doing Marketing & Public Relations at Levitate Studios.
Join my endeavors with the following:
Singapore Open Gaming Convention 2015
SG50 Countdown Party @ Bishan Park
via Teck Ghee YEC and social media!
Drop a note and say hello if you'd like! (:
my Instagram
my Facebook
my Twitter
Email me.
Sylvia Phua

Create yours here.

| ' ' | ||
Tuesday, 28 November 2006
geishas actually ring a bell.BUT! they come from JAPAN.
i found something similar to the entertainers of the Land of the Rising Sun.
may i present, the Kisaengs!
(pronounce it: Ki- seng)
they should be just as talented and demure, just like any geisha.
the only differences between the two would be the kisaengs don a hanbok and speak korean.
oh yes!
DID I MENTION!?
The Land of Morning Calm ; Korea.
the kisaengs originated from there.
there is, of course, one famous kisaeng, whose name has survived through time.

the name is Hwan Jin-i
she was skilled in performing on the tightrope and played a variety of instruments, including the geomungo (Korean zither).
and to top it all, SHES GORGEOUS.
supposed to be.
i didnt find the actress who was playing her role in the drama any prettier than Fann Wong.
but oh well.
Ha Ji Won is playing the female lead.
=)
i've yet to discover more of korea's deep history.
KOREA RULES!
hahahs.
=D

